Job Offer

And just when I thought my career in music was over, I've been offered a gig playing piano for the Orange County High School production of Nunsense. I guess I have nothing better to do with my time since I'm on vacation until graduation, so it only makes sense that I help out a high school production that happens to be short of a pianist. Or am I just crazy and unable to say "no" to things?

This comes on the heels of being hired, then replaced, the rehired, then subsequently laid off again as an accompanist for a UVA student production of Gaetano Donizetti's opera L'elisir d'amore (The Elixir of Love). The director was kind enough to give me a severance pay for my troubles, though.

Oh yeah, and I also finished arranging a version of Fun.'s We Are Young for the Arrhythmics to perform at our concert next weekend. Is it awesome? Yes, if I do say so myself.

Er, let's just hope I actually remember something about medicine come intern year...

No comments: