Here Comes the Bride

Yesterday, we celebrated the marriage of Grace and Robert at the St. Mark Coptic Orthodox Church in Fairfax. I was fortunate enough to be invited and went with Gauri as my guest. We enjoyed a lovely and worshipful ceremony filled with many chanted prayers and readings in Coptic that I couldn't understand. Luckily, the program was very detailed and explained exactly what was going on at all times. Smart move, Grace.

Also, in the middle of all the solemn rituals, the priest gave a brief and very candid sermon in the middle of it about the importance of God in a marriage. Then he poked a lot of fun at Grace. Totally unexpected and hilarious.

The ceremony was at the Meadowlark Botanical Gardens, which were beautiful even in the rainy weather. This is where I had the biggest shock of my life. Grace, whom I've never seen so much as tap her toes in my entire life, totally broke it down on the dance floor. Who knew she could move her hips like that?? Oh man, I wish we had known about this earlier in med school. It was quite the sight to behold.

If only I had my camera cord with me so that I could share Grace's secret moves with the world. Alas, everyone will have to wait until after I return from New York City to be uploaded.

Oh yeah, by the way, I'm in New York City.

No comments: