Prophecy Fulfilled

I once told Grace this story and promised her that I would share it after Match Day.

After interview season ended, I had a pretty difficult time figuring out how I wanted to rank my programs. I thought Columbia would be my top choice, but I liked so many other places for so many different reasons that I just couldn't be sure.

That was about the time when the Giants played the Patriots in Superbowl XLVI. Right before the game started, I said a brief prayer to God that if the Giants won, then I would put my faith in New York City and trust that I should rank them #1 and that it would be a sign that I would match there. I know, you're not supposed to make bets with or place stipulations upon God, but I just didn't trust my own instinct enough and I wanted some sort of "proof" (however trivially related to medicine it may be) that I belonged at Columbia.

Well, the Giants beat the Patriots 21-17, and in three months, I'll have started my new job at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. So what did I learn from this experience?

Eli Manning holds the key to my futures.

1 comment:

Grace said...

hahahhahaha. Prophecy according to Sam Zhao.