Life Updates

On my luggage:
Still no word of it from Continental. On the one hand, I'm really sad about losing some of my favorite clothes and especially my brand new Vibram FiveFingers. On the other hand, I haven't had to worry about eliminating bed bugs from my suitcase and its contents.

On my intestinal parasites:
I've finished my course of nitazoxanide, but that is not to say that my symptoms have let up. We'll see how the next few days go. If I continue to feel bad, then it's probably time for a trip to Student Health to give another stool sample.

On my laptop charger:
Did you know that a brand new power adapter from Apple costs $79?? I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Luckily the hostel still has mine, so Amanda and Lis are going to bring it back for me when they return from Guatemala this week. In the meantime, I've stolen Lee's charger from his room to use as my own. What? It's not like he needs it while he's in Ghana!

On re-assimilating into life in the United States:
As easy as pie. I may have been born in a developing country, but that doesn't mean I'm made for living in one. Heated showers, potable tap water, and my own car to get me from Point A to Point B? Why yes, I believe that will be just fine, sir.

No comments: