Mi Primera Lección

Today marks our first full day in Xela, as well as our first set of language classes.  Actually, "classes" isn't the right word, because we meet one-on-one with our Spanish tutors for five hours each day.  I'm working with Sheny, who evaluated my level of proficiency this morning and created an outline for what we're going to work on this week.  I even get homework every night, which makes me feel like I'm 17 years old again.

Sheny and I immediately bonded over the fact that we are both dog owners.  She ooh'ed and ahh'ed at my pictures of Titan, and she told me all about her husky at home named Ringo (after Ringo Starr, of course).  Whoever matched us up either did a great job or a terrible job, because we literally spent more time talking about Titan and Ringo than we did on Spanish grammar today.  Oops.

No comments: