Merry Belated Christmas

For a long time now, I've been thinking about getting myself a Kindle, but I just haven't been able to commit.  Honestly, I know I want one, but the only thing that's holding me back is the cost.  Well, today I considered all the pros and cons for a really long time, and then I went to Ragged Mountain Running Shop and bought myself a new pair of shoes.

Hm, that's not where I expected that story to go

During my trip to Boston, I spent a long time talking with one of the residents who had recently begun barefoot running.  I know, it's trendy, it's crunchy, and it's the "cool" thing to do right now.  But she highlighted all the benefits of barefoot running, many of which are explained in Christopher McDougall's bestselling book Born to Run.  Long story short, she convinced me to give it a try.

So, I am now the proud owner of a pair of Vibram FiveFingers KSO.


While these may not turn me into an ultramarathoner, I am hoping that they'll inspire me to start running again.  Thanks to interviews, it's been two solid months since I last worked out, and I'm starting to feel really guilty about it...

No comments: