Capital One Presents: Watson YOUR Wallet?

My Watson Dorm reunion continues.

Hy and Beth may have left NYC, but I still have other friends from my first year dorm to hang out with.  In fact, this post is dedicated to my suitemate and one of my best friends from college, Douggie.  Actually, his voicemail would have me believe that he now goes by the name Douglas. Yeah right, there's no way I could ever call him that with a straight face.

Douggie took an extra long lunch today and told me to meet him at the Yale Club of New York.  He took me to the Clubhouse, where we both decided to go with the sushi buffet, against our better senses.  I can't lie: it was a swanky affair.  I tried hard not to embarrass myself, and I even resisted asking the waiter to take our picture because we were surrounded by so many adults in professional attire.  Then again, I shouldn't have worried so much: one of the guests sitting behind me somehow managed to knock over his entire table, spilling all of the food, drinks, and decorations onto the floor.  Awkward!

After lunch, Douggie showed me around the rest of the Yale Club, including the magnificent library, the spacious gym, and the beautiful roof dining room on the 22nd floor with the terrace that's used for an outdoor bar when the weather is warm.  There were no judging eyes out on the cold terrace today, so I snapped a picture of Douggie being all businessman-like on his cell phone.


Hanging out with Douggie made me really miss first year of college.  Then I remembered how he used to always yell at me, beat me up, hide my glasses, push me into holly bushes, give me noogies, and generally try to make my life as miserable as possible, and I missed it a little less.  But only a little.

No comments: