Occupy Richmond

If you're allowed to have Friendsgiving, then why shouldn't you also be allowed to have Friendsmas?

I feel slightly guilty for saying it, but while I love getting to come home to my parents during winter break, my favorite thing is actually getting to see all of my high school friends.

I started my Friendsmas by meeting up with Catmo and Christin at Secco Wine Bar in Carytown.  I had just come from dinner, so I didn't sample any of their food, but I can attest that their wine is delicious and their ambience is relaxing.

Afterwards, we caught a showing of Drive at the Byrd Theatre.  It was... not at all what I expected.  I expected it to be more Fast and Furious-like and less Kill Bill-like.  But who am I to complain?  There are few action flicks I don't enjoy, and this one was an interesting blend of violence and artistry, both of which are things I love.

Friendsmas continued at Mica's house tonight, where I celebrated Christmas Eve with her extended family.  I was happy enough that she invited me to hang out with them, and even happier when her dad and her uncle both gave me presents.  From her uncle, I received a gift bag containing Tabasco sauce, a key chain flashlight, chocolates, and Anti Monkey Butt Powder.  From her dad, I received a large tool of unknown purpose but is likely a toenail clipper.

Christmas is fun!

No comments: