All's Well That Ends Well

So I'll start at the end of my trip to Chicago: I got out of the airplane, walked through the gate, and found my Res Staff water bottle waiting for me on top of the counter.  Amazing.

But that was just the cherry on top of the cake, because my weekend in Chicago had been pretty awesome in and of itself.  After my interview ended, I met up with Neil and Liz at Tilted Kilt for a few drinks.  While we were there, we saw someone order what had to be five pounds worth of nachos... so of course we got the same thing.

Later that night, Liz and I went to ZooLights at the Lincoln Park Zoo with some of her friends.  Sadly, most of the animals were already fast asleep by the time we got there.  Still, we got to enjoy some pretty outrageous decorations that put me right in the holiday spirit.  I especially liked the exhibit that played 15 seconds of various holiday songs while the lights flickered on beat.  So cool!


As you can tell, it was pretty cold that night.  I've been spoiled rotten by the mid-60s weather we've been having in Charlottesville.

Thanks to Josh and Rohan, who let me borrow their shoes for the interview (I accidentally left my own at my parents' house after Thanksgiving).  Thanks also to Carly and Garrett for hosting me.

Funny story: Carly was asleep when I arrived on Thursday night, I left for my interview on Friday morning before she woke up, she was asleep again when Garrett and I got back late Friday night, and then I had to catch the train to the airport before she awoke on Saturday morning.  So, even though she hosted me for two nights, I didn't see her a single time.  Lulz!

No comments: