What Is This Place!?

That was supposed to be said in a tone à la Charlie from Lost.

I was on my way back from the interview to Christin's apartment this afternoon when I ran into her on the street.  Oh, New York City, you try to act all big and mean, but I know you're just a small town at heart.  Since I had nothing to do, I ended up going to the bank and the nail salon with her.

I had never been in a nail salon before.  While I waited in the front, I couldn't help but notice that the bench I was sitting on was heated.  How comfy!  The next thing I noticed was that aside from the employees, Christin was the only girl in the salon.  There was one guy getting a massage, and another guy getting a pedicure.  Is that... typical?  I don't know.

You know what else makes NYC weird?  There's a place down the street from Christin's apartment called Totto Ramen that serves all different ramen dishes.  Not surprisingly, it's on the top of my list of restaurants I want to visit.  First, though, I'll have to get over paying $10+ for a bowl of noodles.  Why, NYC, do you insist on robbing me of all of my money??

No comments: