When I Was In College...

Neil has been on an away rotation in St. Louis, and whenever I talk to him, he tells me about how much he misses Charlottesville.  Who can blame him?  The thought of leaving here to go somewhere else for residency terrifies me.  I've become so accustomed to living in this near-utopia, it's hard to imagine moving to another city, let alone another state.

The thing is, I'm going on my eighth year of being a Charlottesville resident.  Have I changed that much during that time?  I don't feel too much different than I did when I lugged my TV and laundry basket into Watson dorm on a hot day in August of 2004.  And I still tell poop jokes.  And I still go into paroxysms of laughter that scare everyone else in the restaurant.

But you know what?  I have matured.  I'm a professional, or at least so I'm told.  For better or for worse, there are a lot of things that I did when I was a college student that I'll never do again.  What kinds of things?  Stay tuned this week to find out.

No comments: