I'll Never Do That Again, Part I

When it comes to UVA football games, I am 100% in support of Guys in Ties, Girls in Pearls.  Why?  Because it's tradition, dangit!  Plus, we look good when we dress well.

But back when I was in college, you were just as likely to see me in a shirt and tie as you were to see me wearing body paint.  That is, if you even recognized me at all.


My friends and I painted ourselves for nearly every home game during first year, so of course I had to pass it down to my residents when I was an RA.  Plus, if we did it together, it could count as my programming for the month.  Win-win!


Of course, painting your body does have its drawbacks.  For one, it's not very fun to do it at a night game.  Sure, you may feel hardcore at the beginning, but when it's past 9:00 and the game looks like it's going into overtime, you're no longer a happy camper.  Thank goodness our stadium sells hot chocolate.


Last but not least, if you're considering wearing body paint to a game, then you should be sure to cover all of your exposed skin, or you may end up with an unfortunate tan line.


I have tons of great memories from undergrad football games, but one thing is for sure:

1. I'll never paint my body and go shirtless to a sports game again.

No comments: