Stick to It

When Sammas says something, by George, he means it.  Except for when he's exaggerating.  Or when he's being sarcastic.  Or when he's inebriated.  Umm...

Anyway, I made a vow when I submitted my applications for residency.  I promised myself to never, ever, ever pay for a hotel room during the interview process.  Luckily, I'm a pretty popular guy with friends all over the country (yeah, I went there).  I have free places to stay in New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Durham, Chicago, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Charlotte.  But.

But.

I don't know anybody in Stony Brook.

Well, there's no way in this world I'm paying $119 to spend one night at the local Holiday Inn.  Enter CouchSurfing.  I first heard about it through my roommate David, who has used it in the past.  We even hosted a CouchSurfer at our place during the LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph.  Today, I joined the CouchSurfing community in hopes of finding someone to give me a place to crash just two weeks from tonight.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and you wish me luck!

1 comment:

Christin said...

stony brook, like on long island? which i took a zipcar to for a lacrosse game? i have an idea. hint hint.