Picture Perfect

This past weekend, Charlottesville hosted the annual (I think?) LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph.  On Friday night, I went to the SHOTS projection, which was a free two-hour presentation of different artists' works set to music and/or narration.  Amongst my favorites were Carolina's Outer Banks by David Alan Harvey, Animal Portraits by Stefanie Mueller, and Little Adults by Anna Skladmann (click on personal / Little Adults to see the works).

David is a member of CouchSurfing, so we ended up hosting a photographer from Virginia Beach named Sean who was in town for the festival.  It was cool to hear about photography from someone who actually does it for a living.  He's worked for a couple of daily newspapers across the country, which basically makes him Peter Parker in my mind.  Jealous!

You know what else makes me jealous?  Seeing people walk up and down the Downtown Mall carrying thousands of dollars worth of photography equipment.  Sure, I wouldn't even know what to do with half of it, but that doesn't mean I don't want it right now.

No comments: