Meet My Date

For the wedding this weekend, I brought my good friend Nisha along as my date.  She went to high school with Stevie, Steph, and me, and she happened to be in the area last week for a showing of the documentary she made.  I got a message from her recently saying that she wanted to catch up with all of our friends while she was in Virginia, so I dragged her along to the wedding, which I knew a lot of them would be attending.  How fortuitous!


Nisha is the epitome of the word "globe-trotter."  If she isn't standing right next to me, then I have no idea where she might be.  Did she go to visit her family in Thailand?  Is she taking classes in London?  Is she doing more filming in Tanzania?  Your guess is as good as mine.

Aside from being a world traveler, Nisha is also a budding documentarist.  Check out her film, Twiga Stars, which has already been screened at many venues, including the Vail Film Festival, the Palm Beach Women's International Film Festival, and the Africa World Documentary Film Festival, where it won the Audience Choice Award.  A version of it is actually posted on her website, so you can watch it whenever you like.

So, where is Nisha now that the wedding is over?  For once, I know that she's in Brazil.  To quote Nisha (which I love to do, followed by, "Sigh, only Nisha..."), "I need to go to DC to renew my Thai passport because there is some sort of diplomatic reciprocity between the United States and Brazil and my Thai passport is expired, and I'm supposed to be in Brazil on Monday."  Sigh, only Nisha...

No comments: