My Favorite Things



Aortic regurg and defibrillation
Costochondritis and stent implantation
Rheumatic valves subject to narrowing
These are a few of my favorite things

Great transpositions and atrial rupture
Deep vein thrombosis and defective structure
Echos used for ultrasound imaging
These are a few of my favorite things

Pericarditis and primary tumors
Cor pulmonale and harsh, blowing murmurs
I-C-Ds placed for external pacing
These are a few of my favorite things

When the heart stops
When the valve clings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my cardiac things
And then I don't feel so bad

4 comments:

Janice Dean said...

Anyone else think this is kind of morbid? LOL

Lee said...

OK i like where you're going with this but you need to work on the third line of the stanza, 2 of them don't seem to have the right flow. like in the first one the emphasis is on SUBject, and in the last one it is like ICD's placed FOR. no gud. the second one works though. may i suggest instead:
"rheumatic valves over time narrowing" and "ICD implants for sinus pacing" kthx

Lee said...

and as a nerdier critique, ICD's don't externally pace, as the I is for implantable. Come to think of it, they don't internally pace either, they only defibrillate. but i think a little poetic license is allowed here.

Sammas said...

i hate to say it but i like your corrections, lee. DON'T LET THIS GO TO YOUR HEAD.