Under Scrutiny

During the two weeks of Pediatric Genetics that I just completed, most of the patients that I saw had abnormal facial features.  And now I'm so used to closely inspecting eyes, ears, noses, hands, and other body parts for irregularities and asymmetries that I think I'm starting to notice them in everyone I see.  Friends, colleagues, strangers: they all look just a little bit syndromic to me.  I can't help it!  Don't judge me for judging you.

Round 7: I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One on TV
1. Alan Alda played a doctor on a long-running TV show whose finale was the most-watched program in American history until the 2010 Super Bowl. What was the show’s name?
2. Dr. Hibbert from The Simpsons is a spoof of what other doctor made famous by comedian Bill Cosby?
3. Every Trekkie is familiar with Dr. Leonard McCoy of the USS Enterprise, popularized by actor DeForrest Kelley. What was his character’s nickname on the show?
4. Which musician recently guest starred on House and then invited Hugh Laurie, who plays Dr. Gregory House, to play piano as a special guest on his album Hang Cool Teddy Bear?
5. Anthony Hopkins plays a doctor in what movie, known for being the only horror movie ever to win an Academy Award for Best Picture?
6. Although Dr. Phil isn’t really a medical doctor, he does hold a Ph.D. in what field?
7. On Grey’s Anatomy, what debilitating disease does Meredith Grey’s mother, once a surgeon herself, suffer from?
8. The Arrhythmics are the UVA School of Medicine a cappella group. The Worthless Peons are an a cappella group made up of hospital employees on what TV show?

1 comment:

Sammas said...

1. M*A*S*H
2. Cliff Huxtable
3. Bones
4. Meat Loaf
5. The Silence of the Lambs
6. Clinical Psychology
7. Alzheimer's Disease
8. Scrubs