Super Lake House Fun Time

It's no doubt that I've had a string of excellent birthdays, but this weekend was one for the record books.

The festivities started yesterday with a trip to Courtney's vacation house at Lake of the Woods.  The fourth years came out in full force with four dogs in tow.  Titan was the only one who enjoyed the water, but I think they all had a good time.  More importantly, all of the humans had a great time.  In fact, I had so much fun that I lost my $230 glasses.  They fell off when I jumped into the water, inspiring my theme for the day: It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Blindest of Times.  Purchasing a new pair without my insurance would cost me $577, so for the time being, I'm wearing my old glasses.  They're a little bit scratched up, but they'll do.


I somehow rallied the energy to go straight to Trivia when we got back, and although our team came in fourth place, the fact that it was my birthday got us a consolation prize: bubble wrap!  Needless to say, I spent the rest of the night popping away.  Thank you, quizmistress, for the gift that keeps on giving (us angry looks from the patrons sitting next to us)!


The celebrations continued today, with a brunch hosted by Neil and Paru.  We followed that up with one of my favorite hobbies, if it can be called that: beer tasting.  Liz generously served as the designated driver, which was a great win for me, because it meant we got to ride in the convertible with the top down.  ZOMG, it was like a 30-minute roller coaster ride.  THE BEST!


Sadly, all great birthdays must come to an end.  We finished things off with a family-style dinner at Peter Chang's China Grill.  I don't have much to say about it other than the fact that IT WAS DELICIOUS.  So, do yourself a favor and go check it out.  And invite me when you go.

Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate hitting the quarter-century mark.  You guys are the best friends a hunchcat lover could ever ask for!

No comments: