First Day of Class

I went back to school today.  I'm not talking about a clinical correlations lecture; I'm not talking about medical anatomy or another one of the basic sciences; I'm not even talking about college biology.  I walked into a high school musical theatre ensemble class.

Why?  Well, today was my first day as the accompanist for the Charlottesville High School Theatre Department.  Because, you know, being a medical student isn't busy enough.

Actually, it's really not: my fourth year is starting to wind down, and I'll have plenty of time in the fall and the spring to do the stuff I like to do: reading, hiking, trivia, and of course, playing piano.  And since only one of those is a marketable skill that I can get paid to do, you can probably guess where I'll be focusing my attention and energy.  That's right: winning trivia night.

No comments: