Diagnosaurus

And so ends my love affair with milk and cheese.

I came to the realization earlier this week that I'm lactose intolerant.  It's very sad, but it's very true.  For the past few weeks, I've been feeling gassy and bloated all day.  I'd hear borborygmi (I love that word!) as I sat in the library, studying.  And when I tried to work out, it felt like my intestines were doing flips and turns inside of my abdominal cavity.

Well, earlier this week, I ran out of milk and bread, so I replaced my morning milk and cereal with a breakfast bar and I replaced my turkey and provolone sandwich with leftovers for lunch.  And ever since I took the dairy out of my diet, my digestive system has gone back to normal.


I guess it's not all that surprising.  Lactose intolerance is more common in people of Asian descent, after all.  But it's just not fair... Tony Horton keeps yelling at me to stop eating pizza and donuts, and now my own body is telling me to cut back on the dairy.  Whatever happened to the Apple Jacks mentality of "we eat what we like"!?

4 comments:

Sunny said...

NO. NOO. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

Are you sure it's dairy and not a gluten sensitivity?

Sammas said...

yep pretty sure... i haven't had any trouble with pizza, pasta, or beer, so i think i'm in the clear as far as gluten goes!

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

Well, Asians were never meant to tolerate dairy anyways.