Amuse-Busch

ZOMG, I am exhausted.  I just got back from spending an entire day at Busch Gardens Williamsburg with Nick, Lindsay, and Sunny.  Laura met us at the park, bringing our group to a delightfully tacky total of five.  As it turns out, this number is not ideal for any rides; however, it is ideal for maximizing lulz.

It had been almost six years since the last time I visited Busch Gardens, and quite a bit has changed.  Sadly, they have taken down the Big Bad Wolf, the first "big kid" roller coaster I ever rode.  I'm looking forward to the Verbolten that they're going to build in its place by the 2012 season.  This was also the first time I'd been since they'd installed the Griffon, so obviously we had to ride it three times.


Note: the five seconds that they hang you at the top of the 90-degree 205-foot drop are amongst the most terrifying moments of my life.

In addition to enjoying fun rides, we also enjoyed delicious nomz.  We all had our own poisons, whether it be funnel cake, sundaes, turkey legs, waffle cones, or in my case, German Death by Chocolate Cake.  It's not actually German chocolate cake nor is it death by chocolate cake.  But it is chocolate cake, it is found in the Germany section, and it does kill me every time I try to eat it.  So there.


Somehow, my camera managed to survive all of the water rides that threatened to kill it.  I also managed to try to get at least one group picture to capture the fact that we were all there today to enjoy the most beautiful weather and the shortest lines we could ever hope for.  And where better to capture that joy than at the grape-stomping station?


Now I would like to draw your attention to the witty title of this post: Amuse-Busch.  Doesn't it look and sound just like amuse-bouche?  Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for SAMMAS THE SPECTACULAR!

No comments: