The Voice of America, cont'd

Well, I guess I should follow up on what I said yesterday.

As you probably already know, Javier Colon was the big winner on last night's finale of The Voice.  I'm extremely happy for (and jealous of) him, and I hope this show gives him the exposure and respect he needs to be a successful recording artist.

I guess it's inherent that any competition with a winner must also have a loser, and sadly, that means that Dia Frampton (along with the other two finalists) will have to continue forging a career on their own without the help of Universal Republic Records.  But if Dia gets her own record deal, and I seriously hope she does, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up outselling Javier.  After all, her original song on iTunes outsold his, and I still maintain that her voice is more unique.

On a side note, NBC showed the following preview during The Voice that has piqued my interest:


I like musicals, and I freaking love Steven Spielberg.  I mean, name one movie he's made that isn't amazing.  Okay, other than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  Anyway, I'm not sure what will happen when you put the two together, but I'm willing to spend an hour a week next spring to find out!

No comments: