Nature Calls

I always knew that the squirrels on Grounds were brave, but today I met a squirrel that was downright belligerent.  There I was, enjoying my lunch outside on a beautiful day with some of my friends.  A cute squirrel approaches, begging for food with his innocent, round eyes.  "You should try feeding him something," Jim suggests.  I take a green bean out of my lunch and dangle it over the squirrel's head, shaking it to and fro to get his attention.


I wait for the squirrel to come closer, expecting him to nibble at the green bean.  Instead, he jumps a foot into the air, grabs onto my hand, and scratches it with his tiny claws as he clambers back down.  I yell and drop the green bean.  Then the ungrateful jerk has the audacity to leave my gift on the ground and run away!

Rabid squirrel, you will rue this day...

1 comment:

George said...

Congrats, enjoy your rabies.