Doomsday Delayed?

Well, it's 9pm, and still no signs of Harold Camping's prophecy of Judgment Day coming true.  Life as we know it continues to go on.  And thank God for it, because there are still so many restaurants in Charlottesville that I haven't tried!

I can cross one of them off the list, though.  For lunch today, I went to The Downtown Hotdog Company, the self-proclaimed first gourmet hot dog place in Charlottesville.  I ordered a Texas, which included golden BBQ sauce, chili, and bacon, and then added Texas Pete for a little kick of spice.  2BQH (To be quite honest), $5 is a lot to pay for a hot dog, but it was pretty friggin' delicious.

I came across an article about American Idol this evening that reminded me of the first two seasons, the only seasons of the show that I watched.  Do you guys remember Tamyra Gray?  She was probably my favorite contestant from Season 1, and I still can't believe Nikki McKibbin beat her out of the top three.  I'm serious, she was so good!  I dare you to watch this video and not get goosebumps:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamyra_Gray