Paradoxical Effect

According to the all-knowing Wikipedia, caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that is a psychoactive stimulant.  Why, then, is it making me sleepier the more I drink?  What is it about incarcerated vs. strangulated bowel that fails to excite me?  Why am I not mesmerized by the algorithm used to determine the source of a gastrointestinal bleed?  Shouldn't I be more intrigued by the surgical management of congenital heart defects?

Maybe it's the fact that I feel like I've been reading the same content over and over again, just written using different words.  Or maybe it's the fact that after seeing a mini cannon firing at targets, nothing will ever enthrall me in the same way.


Credit goes to Genevieve's ever-captivating Gchat status.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I thought the mini crossbow was better...

http://youtu.be/dfOyE5b2jh4