Rest in Peace

I turned my switch in the ignition.  My first thought: How long will it take for my car to heat up?  My second thought: Who is this guy talking on the radio?

My favorite radio station in Charlottesville has been TOM @ 107.5, a variety hits channel whose motto was, "We play anything, anytime."  Apparently earlier this year, the owners decided to can the three-year-old music station and replace it with the most boring content possible: News Talk.

Guess it's time to change my radio presets again.  Any suggestions on good radio stations out there?

2 comments:

Me said...

WORST.

Meg said...

I always thought they were a pretty mediocre station, but then again, I don't like those generic "we play everything!" stations much. What they mean is, we play everything that's bland, uninteresting and that you've already heard 5 million times in the past 20 years. Plus, the whole "Tom" persona and the fact they claimed to have such a creative and original format (even though every market has at least one similar station) was annoying.

Anyway, I'd recommend 95.1 if you're looking for a similar station in Cville. But I'd also recommend branching out a little. 97.5 and 106.1 both play some of the stuff that 107.5 used to play, but they also play some other stuff that you might decide you like.