False Hope

I just filled out my 2010 tax return online, and at the end, it told me that my estimated federal tax refund was $1002.  EXCUSE ME??  Too good to be true!  And in fact, it was.  Upon closer inspection, I realized that I did not qualify for the American Opportunity Credit because I graduated high school more than four years ago.  And then my $1002 tax refund turned into a $2 tax refund.  Sigh, worst.

Sure, I may not be getting any money back from the government this year, but you know what's more important?  Making it onto the official Geeks Who Drink blog!  This discovery has only furthered my complete and total obsession with Trivia Night in its many forms.


Yes, I love my Vitaminwater.  And now I'm off to run some errands before beginning my daily quest for lulz.  Any idea where I might find some tonight??

No comments: