And So It Goes

Every good thing must come to an end, including Trivia Week 2k11.  I'm just pleased to see that what was once a dream actually became a reality: Nosheen and I played in three separate trivia games in one week.  Our last competition was last night at Baja Bean, another event hosted by the guys from Geeks Who Drink.  We improved significantly from our first showing, jumping from sixth place on Thursday to tied for third place on Saturday.  In fact, you could say we were Bi-Winning... we won at McGrady's, and we won at Baja Bean (well, we placed).

Droopy-Eyed Armless Children

We used to be alcoholics but we cured it with our minds (with a photobomb from yours truly in the background)

I've learned a lot of random trivia this week, but more importantly, I've learned what it's like to have an archnemesis.  And that archnemesis is Axis of C-ville, a group of guys who are on a ridiculous winning streak at the Geeks Who Drink pub quizzes.  They won both Thursday and Saturday, and my new goal in life is to take them down.  Preferably in a battle of the minds, but I will resort to physical intimidation if I have to.

1 comment:

Janice Dean said...

I have heard of Axis of Cville losing at GWD twice ever. Sadly, I've never been there when that happened. If you're going to try to unseat them, pleeeeaassee include me! lol