Globetrotters

Today I received an e-mail from Christine, president of the UVA Class of 2008, with updates on what several of our Trustees have been doing since graduation.  Some, like me, are still in school.  Others have already made a name for themselves in entertainment and business.  No matter what we're doing, though, it appears as though we all like to travel.


A few excerpts from the e-mail, each written by a different Trustee:

- Life is still great in Accra, Ghana, mainly because it's mango season so I never have to worry about going fruitless.
- My current project is in Doha, but work / curiosity / frequent flyer miles have frequently drawn me elsewhere (5 continents in 6 weeks!).
- Heading to Kiev, Ukraine this week because... why not?
- I booked an impromptu trip to Barcelona this week since Delta had $200 flights.
- I still travel around with Al Jarreau, and am hoping to see Christine in Abu Dhabi at the beginning of April.

My friends are literally insane.

2 comments:

Brian Gavron said...

This is the reason I know a class email went out...not because I received the email. Sadly, I think they removed me from the list.

Janice Dean said...

The Class of 2007 Trustees sent out a similar email, but I found the letters from my classmates to be significantly more condescending and uninteresting. It sounds as if the assumption of privilege is the same. :-/