Looks Can Be Deceiving

Colleen:  I saw you in the ED the otheer day.  What were you doing?
Me:  I didn't see you, but I was probably doing a consult with OB/Gyn.  I can't imagine I was doing anything else, haha.
Colleen:  Yeah, I figured you weren't doing your ED rotation because you were dressed up.
Me:  Wait, I was dressed up?  I've been wearing scrubs all week...  Are you sure you didn't see someone else who just looked like me?
Colleen:  I could've sworn it was you.
Me:  HAHA, well, if he was dressed up, then it definitely wasn't me.

I could make fun of Colleen for not being able to tell the difference between two Asians, but in reality, we really do all look same.  God knows I can't even pick out my aunts or uncles in a crowded train station.  I mean, what am I supposed to be looking for?  Someone with a small build, straight black hair, brown eyes, and who wears glasses?  Oh, good, I only described 1.3 billion people.

Speaking of Asians, here is an article on why college students are like Pokemon.  Which one were you?

No comments: