Crisis Resolved

My 48-hour life crisis has come to an end.  For a moment there, I was actually entertaining the idea of doing OB/GYN, mostly because of the surgical aspect.  I've always said that I wish I could do surgery without having to live the life of a surgeon, and OB/GYN is the closest I've come to seeing that dream become a reality.

But some things are better off as dreams.  I think I'm just caught up in the heat of the moment.  I need something meatier to last me the rest of my life.  So, the quartet quandary is down to a trio torment: will it be Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Pediatrics?

If you pick Family Medicine, turn to page 27.
If you pick Emergency Medicine, turn to page 33.
If you pick Pediatrics, turn to page 54.

SAM, THIS ISN'T A CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE BOOK!  THIS IS REAL LIFE!!

5 comments:

Grace said...

i remember those adventure books! LOL. i remember when i had my crisis back in september when i realized i hated internal medicine and my life was falling apart because i didnt know what else i would possibly do with a MD.....btw me and iris today were saying, we could see you as an OB/GYN....

Sammas said...

GRACE WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT AFTER I DECIDED THAT I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT!?

Stephanie said...

good luck with this sam! i know it's a big deal. but it will all work out. go with your gut!

Jordan said...

For what it's worth, Joseph's sister is doing Emergency Medicine and her husband is doing Pediatrics. They started residencies in Norfolk last summer, and they both seem to love it :) If you'd like to talk to either one, let us know!

For the record, I'd pick Family Medicine for you...

Paul said...

Sam, I see you as a plastic surgeon. Hope that helps!