Back to Life

Ah, finally!  I just made the switch from night float back to... uhh... day float?  Is that even an English phrase?

Anyway, there was some Divine planning involved in my scheduling, because lo and behold, we had a Chinese couple directly admitted with severe pre-eclampsia last night.  Mom and Dad both spoke English, but only to a limited degree.  Luckily, I was there to translate all day, and I ended up staying for the entire delivery, which lasted from 3pm until 6pm.  Although I didn't get to catch this baby, I ended up doing all of the coaching during the labor process.  Let me tell you: counting from 1 to 10 three times every two minutes for three hours is probably the most exhausting thing I've ever done in my life, both physically and emotionally.  I literally feel like I just gave birth myself.

I hope this makes up for the umbilical cord I avulsed during delivery of a placenta today.  Sigh, you win some, you lose some.

No comments: