Who Am I?

Apparently I spent $303.29 at a leather boot store in St. Petersburg today.  And that's how Chase caught onto the fact that someone had stolen my credit card information.  In reality, I had been at the hospital all day.  I had not purchased sunglasses in Sunnyvale, California, nor had I been to a McDonald's in Salt Lake City, Utah, and I certainly had not visited the Russian Federation in the last 24 hours.  They had no choice but to cancel my credit card, and a new one is on its way to my doorstep as I type.  Too bad I'll have a new credit card number... it took me years before I could recite those 16 digits from memory!

At least not having a credit card right now buys me a few more days to decide which camera lens I want to buy.

Speaking of which, thanks to George and Mike for their advice earlier this week.  I think I'm going to go with the wide-angle lens this Christmas after all, as I tend to take more outdoor photos with my Sony α DSLR-A200.  Then I'll shoot (no pun intended) for the portrait lens, followed by the telephoto lens, which would have been very useful on the safari parks I visited in South Africa but not very useful in the immediate future.  And Mike, I also have an APS-C camera, but as I understand it, the Sony DT line of lenses are designed specifically with APS-C cameras in mind so that I do not have to multiply the focal length by 1.5 like I have to do with their other lenses.  I'll definitely check into this before I make any purchases, though!

1 comment:

Molly said...

i've had my credit card info stolen twice in the last year, and the only good news is that they only changed the last four digits of my card number when they sent me a new one. :)