This Is Why I'm Fat

As it turns out, Taste of Charlottesville was just a prelude to what would be a symphony of feasting this weekend.  We started things off right with a Thanksgiving potluck at Laura and Farida's apartment downtown on Friday night.


I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of our friends' cooking.  I was much less surprised to find our classy potluck dinner disintegrate into a dance party by 10pm.  My own dancing was a bit impaired by the four plates I had just consumed.

The food kept on coming throughout the weekend. A group of us tried out the new Hibachi Grill Supreme Buffet, the self-proclaimed "largest buffet in Charlottesville."  Well, I don't doubt that for one second.  The quality of their food wasn't anything to write home about, but the sheer quantity of food was just staggering.  Five plates of food and a bowl of soup later, I finally called it quits.  Nick's fortune at the end of the meal was the best one at the table: "Actions speak louder than talks."

Just a few hours later, I met up with my Big Sib family for yet another potluck dinner at Chelsea's apartment.  Once again, we had way too much food, and I actually brought some of the leftover pasta and meatballs home with me.

Now, it's time for me to go home and bring Titan back to Charlottesville.  While I'm at it, it only makes sense to bring back some mom nomz as well.  THIS IS WHY I'M FAT!!!


Completely unrelated: a picture of me cowering in fear from the other social chairs' plaid outfits.  So scary!

No comments: