Abdominal Distension

I've been stressing myself all day thinking about coming back to Charlottesville.  On the one hand, it's great to be able to sleep in my own bed again.  On the other hand, it's terrible to have to cook for myself.  How will I survive without a cafeteria and $22.50 in food allowance each day?

Well, Taste of Charlottesville heard my cries and came to my rescue.  Rohan, Sean, and I headed over to Alumni Hall to enjoy the annual offering of free food from the staple restaurants of Charlottesville.  Tonight's menu included wraps and Thai salad from Zazu's, fajitas from Baja Bean Co., stuffed mushrooms and spinach dip from Fry's Spring Station, sliders and crab cakes from the Virginian, sweetbread from L'Etoile, and much more.  And no, Taste of Charlottesville doesn't become any less exciting the seventh time around.  Geez, I'm old.

Speaking of coming back to Charlottesville, I had to stop along the drive to take some pictures of the Shenandoah Valley, which is in peak color right now.  Here's one of my favorites:


I know this kind of defeats the point of having four seasons, but can it just be fall all year round?  It's just... too... beautiful...

No comments: