OBX

I'm going to be honest: I hate it when I see OBX stickers on people's cars.  I'm not sure why, but I find them extremely annoying.  Nevertheless, I do love coming to the Outer Banks for Thanksgiving.  Growing up, we always had Thanksgiving at our house, but I think my mom got tired of having so many guests over.  Recently, our Thanksgiving weekends have been much more relaxed and spent only with a few close family friends.

I actually arrived in Waves last night, and when I walked in the door, I was greeted by this fantastic scene.  Can you spot my favorite thing in this picture?


If you said, "the game center next to the staircase," you would be 100% correct.  And you'd better believe I'll be practicing my Photo Hunt skills for the rest of this week.

Of course, even more important than the activities room is the food I've already enjoyed in the past 20 hours.  We had hotpot for lunch today.  What else is there to say?


We were all stuffed after eating for two hours straight, so my dad and I cooled off with some light reading: he, the Chinese version of Reader's Digest, and me, Blueprints: Pediatrics.  Titan was kind enough to be my pillow while I struggled through the Immunology, Allergy, and Rheumatology chapter.  Gross.


Boy, does Titan look comfortable in that picture.  So comfortable, in fact, that I've also been inspired me to also take a nice, long nap.  Thank God for Thanksgiving.

No comments: