Better Than Thou

Titan and I just got back from our last run on the beach before we leave the Outer Banks.  It wasn't a very successful run in the typical sense, because we had to keep stopping to say hi to all of the other dogs and to let the kids come up and pet him.  My favorite was the six-year-old boy who told me, "Your dog is so big!  He's like Marmaduke!"  That's definitely a compliment(?) that Titan has never gotten before.

The only time I had an adverse reaction was when I ran past a guy wearing his "NYU School of Medicine" hoodie walking his dog.  These are the thoughts that went through my head:

1. I can't believe he's wearing scrubs on the beach.  That's so unprofessional.
2. Actually, I'm just jealous that I didn't think of it first.  It would be so comfortable running in scrub bottoms...
3. I bet I love my school more than he loves his.  It's probably not worth my time to stop and talk to him.

And so I didn't.

No comments: