The Scoop on Poop

Nearly 24 years and two months, and I've never changed a diaper in my entire life.  Until today.  I was doing an initial physical exam on a baby in the Newborn Nursery, and when I unwrapped her to fully examine her, I noticed some meconium leaking out.  "Crap (literally)," I thought, "this baby has hilarious timing."  And then it wouldn't stop coming.  More and more and more.  And more.

When the baby finally stopped pooping, I set her down in a new diaper.  But before I could wrap her up, she started peeing.  Everywhere.  Seriously!?

Anyway, to cut to the point, I learned how to change a diaper on-the-spot today.  I also learned that despite what the family may think, it is not healthy to feed your one-month-old baby Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, coffee, and gravy.  Unless you want your baby to aspirate the pieces of sausage that are in the gravy.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Paul, who has recently joined the blogging community, whether he is willing to admit it or not.  Check out the music blog he and his high school friends have started, a line of blue.

No comments: