Disaster Medicine

Instead of starting my Internal Medicine rotation today (eek!), I had to attend the class-wide Clinical Connections session on Disaster Medicine.  The timing was perfect; if you had seen me trying to operate on the wards today, you would have thought you were looking at a zombie.  Who knew that whitewater rafting could take so much out of you?

Luckily, the lecture format of our Disaster Medicine day made it easy for me to nap all morning.  The afternoon was slightly more participatory, though.  The instructors used Nosheen to show us how to stabilize a patient with a possible spine injury.


Then, Randy and I donned Hazmat suits to show how to properly prepare a contaminated patient for a physical exam.


None of that, however, compares to how much fun we had in the back row taking pictures of ourselves and making ourselves look obese using the FatBooth app on Cameron's iPhone.  Let's just hope my metabolism never slows down, because I do NOT look good like this...

No comments: