Show Me What You've Got

So far, Otology-Head and Neck Surgery (apparently they hate being called "ENT") has put an excellent foot forward.  This is how I know I'm going to love my next two weeks on the service:

1. The two chief residents I'll be working with are Drs. Schneyer and O'Rourke.  This morning after rounds, Dr. Schneyer turned to Dr. O'Rourke and said, "So, did you watch last night's episode of True Blood?"  My new BFFs??  Yes, I think so.

2. They had journal club this evening.  And it came with free food from Jimmy John's.  Now, normally I'm no fan of cold subs, but let's be honest, everything is delicious when it's free.

3. During journal club, one of the attendings said the following in reference to orbital floor repairs: "There are certainly times when you just can't get it to go up.  In that case, you just need to pull the bone down until it goes back up."  I glanced around the room to find all of the residents biting their lips and suppressing their laughter.  Personally, I had to suppress the urge to yell out, "That's what she said!"