Padthai

If you've ever lived in Charlottesville, then you must be aware of the fact that Charlottesville has more non-chain restaurants per capita than any other city in the United States of America.  Knowing this makes me feel extremely silly when I keep going to the same restaurants over and over again, even if they are as amazing and delicious as Saigon Cafe and Sticks Kebob Shop.

Tonight I decided to try Padthai, which, according to some, is the best Thai restaurant in Charlottesville.  Unfortunately, my taste buds are not very discerning when it comes to Thai food, and I'm not really sure what's great and what's only mediocre.  Honestly, Pad Thai tastes pretty much the same anywhere.  The fact that Garrett and I had a few drinks from Beer Run before dinner probably didn't help.

Sadly, Garrett is leaving for Kyoto next Saturday, where he and Carly will be living for the upcoming year.  That's a good enough reason to book some tickets to Japan, don't you think?

3 comments:

Janice Dean said...

Speaking of Kyoto, you should go to Kyoto Restaurant in the Rio Hill Center near TJ Maxx. The waiter is my favorite in town (my favorite waitress works at Anna's Pizza), and the food is awweeesome. You should get the crispy beef if you go.

Jeff and Jing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

Carly...brown??? i went to high school with her!!! whoaaaa