The Student Has Become the Teacher

An undergraduate student is shadowing the Stroke Team for the remainder of the week, and for some reason Dr. Solenski suggested that he work with me.  I tried my best to explain to him what was going on throughout the day, which isn't saying a lot, since I'm usually clueless as to... well, just about everything.  It is kind of fun to be shadowed, though.  For once, I know more than somebody else in the hospital.  Sadly, since I do all of the grunt work, like checking to make sure the labs are ordered, helping nurses transport patients, and calling outside hospitals for old medical records, there is nothing for me to give my student to do.  I hope he's not bored out of his mind and completely turned off to medicine by the end of this week.

My only problem is that I can't seem to remember his name...

1 comment:

Rich Rueb said...

it's probably something like mulva or bovary