It's Funny

It's funny that I refer to my rotations as "work."  Sure, I no longer spend all day in the classroom or at the library, and the things I do are closer to what a real doctor does than before.  It's just that I don't know anybody else who pays $40k a year to go to work.

It's funny that I pretend to know what I'm doing at work.  Today, I worked up a patient in the Emergency Department and decided that he had experienced a transient ischemic attack instead of a full-blown stroke.  I recommended that he be discharged from the ED instead of admitted to the stroke unit.  Well, the CT scan showed quite the opposite, and needless to say, he was admitted into the hospital.  At least the resident agreed with my assessment, even if it was completely wrong.

It's funny that instead of reading Case Files Neurology, I just watched another episode of V.  Sigh, when will I ever learn?

1 comment:

Grace said...

noooo sam. im working tomorrow so he's probably my new patient. i prefer if we dont admit new patients lol