Call Me

Being "on call."  I've always wondered what that meant.  Well, I wonder no more!  I was on call on Thursday night, which apparently just meant that if someone showed up to the Emergency Department and was assigned to my unit, I would have to go and admit the patient.  Luckily for me, we only had four patients come in on Thursday night, and they were all assigned to other psychiatric teams.  I got a nice, long sleep and didn't even get awoken once by my cell phone.  Psychiatry rotation, you are too good to me.

Okay, if you haven't seen Kick Ass yet, you REALLY need to go see it.  Like, right now.  Greg, Lee, and I watched it last night, and I've basically been thinking about it nonstop.  Mostly in the context of child development, since that's what I'm studying this weekend.  Hit Girl: she's in a phase of transition to self-care, she's in the foreclosed subject of identity in which her commitments are received from a parent instead of from within herself, and she's prone to risk-taking behaviors due to changes in dopamine regulation resulting in previously pleasurable activities becoming less rewarding, leading to a compensatory search for new and more intense forms of stimulation.  GAH, I'M SUCH A NERD.

1 comment:

Tina aka Your Mommy said...

Kick Ass was awesome.