A Day of Firsts

I usually like to keep the topic of conversation on my blog on the lighter side, but sadly, I have terrible news to share.  We took our cumulative Pharmacology exam today, and it was honestly the longest and most difficult test I've ever taken in my entire life.  If it gives you any idea, I spent four and a half hours on the MCAT, and I spent four hours and 45 minutes on my Pharm exam.  I only needed a 44% to pass the class, but at this point, I'm not even sure I got the 70 out of 159 questions correct that I needed.  Sigh, the worst.

On the flip side, a bunch of us went out for Happy Hour after our review session for the Practice of Medicine final exam.  Since I went straight from waking up to the Pharm exam to the POM review to Boylan Heights, I was still wearing my comfy plaid pajamas.  So, today was also the first day I've worn PJs to a bar and/or played shuffleboard in my PJs.  And you know what?  I'M PROUD OF IT!

2 comments:

Mica said...

I'm sorry that your exam was so difficult, Sam. I trust that you did okay, but I know that it's frustrating.

If it makes you feel better, I cried in front of all four committee members during the oral part of my MA exam. Then I hyperventilated in the bathroom, and my adviser had to bring me water and pat me on the back.

Christin said...

Every time you say boylan heights, my heart cringes with jealousy.

On the same note, I have also played shuffleboard in my pjs. I went with gray sweatpants and hoodie.

http://1000awesomethings.com/2010/03/08/554-staying-in-your-pajamas-all-day/