Epic Fail AND Win!

The Punch Brothers concert last night was amazing (as you may have already gathered), but there was one low moment in the night.  The band had just come out to play an encore, and luckily for us, we were sitting up close in the fourth row.  As they were setting up for their final set, Jon nudged me to ask them where the after-party was going to be.  While the rest of the audience was completely quiet, I yelled out, "WHERE ARE YOU GOING AFTER THE SHOW!?"  Sadly, they completely ignored my query.  Alas.

I didn't give up on hanging out with the band so easily, though.  A few of us stuck around the Jefferson Theater lobby after the show hoping to see them come out, and they actually lined up to meet the fans and sign autographs.  I didn't really have anything on me that I could get them to sign, but like any good second year medical student, I happened to be carrying around my First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 study book in my track bag.  Chris Eldridge, the guitarist, told me he wanted to sign a cool page, so he flipped around until he found the Pharmacology section regarding alcohol toxicity.  And now I have all five of their signatures on page 236 of First Aid 2009.  Guess this is one book that won't be going into next year's book sale!

1 comment:

Grace said...

absolutely hilarious.