Welcome to the Sam Show


Life as a medical student has its good days and its bad days.  Yesterday was one of its great days.  Months of rehearsals paid off in what was perhaps the best talent show VMed has ever seen.   Sadly, Nosheen and I were unable to reprise our roles as emcees, but we were entertained nonetheless by the dry and slightly awkward humor of Kunal and Cassandra.

In no way does this mean that I gracefully stepped out of the limelight.  My need for constant attention drove me to push the limits of the number of acts one person can perform.  I mean, who says I can't be in a bluegrass band, a dance troupe, and an a cappella group all at the same time?

It has now become tradition for Lee and I to do a musical act each year.  Last year, we were both in the barbershop quartet group The Lymph Notes, and this year, we were both in the bluegrass band The Blue Ridge Medicine Boys.  My only question is, what genre of music will we tackle next year?  Piano blues?  Acid rock?  Motown?  Big band music?  Korean pop?  The world is our oyster!

No comments: