All Good Things Must Come to an End

Tonight is my last night in Richmond before I head back to Charlottesville.  To be honest, this has been one of the best breaks I've had in medical school.  Not to be too cheesy, but I'm glad I got to spend every day with some of my best friends from high school and college.  We met up again tonight at Krispy Kreme where we always went as teenagers.  That's when Tina brought up something I had completely forgotten about: fake book names.

For some reason, one day during lunch in high school we decided to create titles for children's books based on all of our friends' names.  Several of them we could no longer recall, but here are some of my favorites that we still remembered:

That's How, Sam Zhao
Nice Try, Nick Desai
Get the Pliers, Mica Swyers
Crash and Burn, Christina Chern
You're Wrong, Allen Huang
Move to Houston, Katie Houston

Okay, so the last one wasn't that great.  But anyway, hanging out with old friends wasn't the only thing I did this break.  I also watched all 61 episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender online.  And yes, that clocks in at right under 24 hours of viewing pleasure.  The series follows the adventure of a boy named Aang who must use his abilities of air, water, earth, and fire manipulation to defeat the evil Fire Lord and restore balance to his mystical world.  It's also the basis for M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming film The Last Airbender.  You can find most of the show's episodes here and here.  Sam and Titan give it two thumbs and two dew claws up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I can't blame you, since Avatar: The Last Airbender is awesome.