Antibiotic Faux Pas

One of my roommates just told me that he thinks he has bronchitis, and he's been taking the amoxicillin that he didn't finish taking when he was diagnosed with bronchitis a year ago.  He still had some pills left over because he stopped taking them when he started feeling better.  I didn't have the heart to tell him to always finish his antibiotic regimens, but inside I was screaming, "NOOO!  YOU'RE CONTRIBUTING TO ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE!  DON'T EVER STOP TAKING ANTIBIOTICS BEFORE THE PRESCRIPTION RUNS OUT!"

See?  I have learned something in Microbiology!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hi Sam!
Since you stop by every once in awhile to share a few words on my blog I thought I'd hop over to yours since this shoddy proxy server I've found is actually kind of working right now.
I still have yet to try chicken feet (I've somehow managed to maintain my vegetarian ways over here) but I'll let you know if I ever break down. And that Rejoice shampoo/conditioner does seem to be working just fine for me!
Alright dude, keep it real, I'll do the same here in the Motherland.