Giving Thanks

See that?  See how I took the word "Thanksgiving" and switched it around to make the action phrase "Giving Thanks"?  I know, I know, I'm nothing short of a word wizard.

So, I guess it's time to give thanks for all of the things I forgot to mention last year.

1. God.  Because, you know, He's a pretty cool guy.  The whole creating the universe and loving us enough to die for our sins... hats off to you, God.  Hats off to you.
2. Family.  Because my parents did a pretty darn good job of raising me, if I do say so myself.  Even if my mom accidentally washed my shorts with my phone still in the pocket earlier.  By the way, I need your numbers.
3. Friends.  Because I love all 1,489 of you, according to Facebook.  And because you bring me endless joy and make sure that my life never has a boring moment.  And because you read my blog, which is the only way in which I quantify my worth in this world.

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family of my friend and medical school classmate John Jones, who passed away this morning after being stuck inside a cave in Utah for nearly 28 hours.  You will be greatly missed.

No comments: